gTaskMgr 1.0-0 released

Hi gtk*,
     Last weekend I released version of 1.0-0 of gTaskMgr.
gTaskMgr is a GTK-based frontend to the ps command with auto-refresh
and one-shot features among others. It is supposed to work with
any ps and not only the Linux version. This was my 'homework'
to get back at GTK programming :-) since I had only seen a
Tcl/Tk implementation. Just today however I noticed in an
IT journal an article in Dutch called "Lotus embraces Linux"
and in the screenshot I saw a GNOME task manager... Never saw
it before, nevertheless my implementation is not gnome specific
(I think that saves me from gnomifying it :-). For a full list
of features and user's manual visit:

	http://www.iae.nl/users/grimaldo/OpenSoft/gtaskmgr.shtml

At the time of release I also made an entry in the GTK repository
and comp.os.linux.announce.

On a related subject, I find it a bit disturbing that while
freedom is good, coordination is also. What I find disturbing
is the trend of having each new window manager/desktop manager
reimplement the same programs but working only in that particular
environment:-( so KDE apps, AfterStep apps, GNOME apps and so
it goes, now I change WM every now and then, trying to keep all
these programs dup/tri/tetraplicated seems to me like a waste
of space and effort. This is my view and I agree other people's
differ. Disk space may be cheap, but is it effective? then
the increase of administrative overhead... What the individual
desktops/WM have achieved is impressive and attractive, but I
would rather stick to something that I write once and can
deploy on any X environment of a given platform. That I can
achieve with GTK alone :-) for which I am grateful :-)
That's my $1.50 (hey, it is because of inflation and higher
income taxes!)

		Cheers,
				emilio
--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands