transient dialogs in gtk+

Hi!

I want some (all) of my dialogs to stay above their owner window.

Gtk does not seem to allow this because it always sets the
WM_TRANSIENT_FOR hint to the parent window (code for GTK_WINDOW_DIALOG
int gdkwindow.c). Instead it should set the hint to the handle
of owner window. Am I missing something or is there no way to specify
the owner?

Is anybody working on this? This is kinda important because especially
modal dialogs are extremly annoying when they get behind the main
window.

Mark
--
... MouseDevice "/dev/null"