Re: [gtk-list] Re: BIG plots in gnome-canvas

> We would love to have additional developers and maybe your application can
> be worked in to the Guppi framework, depending on what it is. Guppi and
> its libraries are pretty flexible if some sort of change would make them
> useful to you.

 It is a very specialized program -- sort of framework for
spectroscopy. It uses pluggable(as din.lib) parameterized description
of molecule to simulate and to fit those parameters. It has some tools
to manipulate experimental and theoretical spectra, most notably
assignment of the experimental spectra lines to transitions/lines
predicted by the model. I did not look at Guppi of Gnumeric code -- I
am cleaning computational engine code. It used to be done(a few years
ago) with MSF CList, CArray etc and now I want to use STL (I have an
impression that code will shrink by 80-90% !). I asked that question
about "BIG" plots, because that
  Spectrum(big plot)--(scale and crop)-->Plot(small plot) was part of
the computational part. But that mapping may obviously be done in GUI
part.

 Sergey