CVS snapshot .deb package scripts commited to GLib CVS

I've set up a system for GLib .debs based off of CVS to be built
and committed it to GLib CVS.

The files are in the directory debian/ -- all one needs to do
to build a snapshot is run the script "debian/build" with the
following tools installed:

* dpkg-dev
* debhelper
* fakeroot

This will build a Debian snapshot release, updating debian/changelog,
and place the resultant .debs in .. (~/src/gtk-snap/ in this example).
The version numbers are automatically updated, and look like:

YYYYMMDD.XX

where YYYY is the four-digit year (Y10K problem!) and MM is the month
(01-12) and DD is the day (01-31). XX is the build number; it starts
at 01 and debian/build increments it if you build from CVS more than
once in a day. If you're doing more than 99 CVS builds in one day you
need your head checked.

*NOTE*! The debian/build script I've written does not check in the
changes it has made to debian/changelog; that'd be scary and probably
generate too many log files all the time.

This really doesn't matter *too* much, since debian/changelog is kind
of irrelevant with CVS builds. Just know that the scant information
that is in there will not be updated via CVS.

Also, for obvious reasons, the debian/build script I've written
disables PGP signing of the resultant .changes and .dsc file.  Since
these packages are not going into any archives, this will not be a
problem.

Of course, all this doesn't mean much to you if you don't have the
Debian dpkg-dev tools and debhelper installed, so don't worry if you
have no idea what I'm talking about. :)

I will commit similar tools to GTK+ CVS tomorrow, after I've had some
sleep.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters E and J and the number 2.
"What's your order? I can SuperSize that." -- TMBG