Re: Will the CORBA intergration in GNOME allow for in-process execution of objects?

> Edward Ing wrote:
> Will the CORBA intergration in GNOME allow for in-process
> execution of objects in the way COM .dll do, or will the components
> always require inter-process communications?

Nope, in process activation in ORBit is on the cards. I'm not sure how
this is coming along at the moment cause I've been concentrating on the
idl compiler for my C++ bindings recently. - Should be fairly easy
providing all the compiled language bindings use the underlying C
representation as their interface to the orb.

Cheers,

Phil.

BTW - shouldn't this be on gnome-components or ORBit-list rather than
gtk-list?