Re: [gtk-list] text-entry retrieval

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Tom Vogt wrote:

:
:the gtk_entry widget gives me a headache.
:
:I have a huge lot of variables that I have in a number of entry fields.
:there is no need for a buffer, i.e. whenever the user changes what is
:written in the fields, the variables should change, too.
:
:it seems that setting the entry does create a copy, because changing the
:entry doesn't change the variable.
:I have experimented with a general callback that gets the variable which
:belongs to the textfield passed as the data structure, but that won't work
:either. creating individual callbacks for each and every entry is not an
:option.
:
:how do I go about this? there must be a simple way to do it, I hope. but I
:couldn't find anything in the tutorial or faq.

The GtkEntry struct has gchar *text; member. Why don't you use that for a
variable? If you set is maby you'll need to update teh display yourself...

Gert

:
:
:--
:why I prefer Linux:
:tom@lemuria> uptime
:  3:50pm  up 214 days, 19:25h,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
:
:--
:To unsubscribe: mail -s unsubscribe gtk-list-request@redhat.com < /dev/null
: