Re: [gtk-list] Gtk for X11R4?

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, David Cooke wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I've searched the archive for any info about compiling Gtk/Gdk for X11R4,
> but it keeps coming back with a script timeout.  Has anyone tried compiling
> for R4?
>
> I'd really like to have the same toolkit on both my machines, but one
> is SunOS 4.13/X11R4.  I did a few quick hacks and got something that
> more or less hangs together, but don't really want to be re-inventing
> the wheel.

If you can actually do this without sacrificing a goat or something, I'd
be really surprised :).  I highly doubt that anyone else has tried this...
I didn't realize anyone was still using an X that was that old!  R6 came
out what, 4 years ago?  5 years ago?  You're probably better off
downloading the new source for X11R6.3 and compiling it on that box.

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)