Re: [gtk-list] Pure Gtk vs Gnome

I think that maintaining both "pure" gtk and gnome versions is more
user friendly, in the sense that it maximizes the number of apps
available to a user that wants a gtk-based workplace, but doesn't
want the gnome overhead. Those that do use gnome also get the extra
gnome functionality.

Whether it's actually worth it depends on whether you think the value
of the extra "user friendliness" is important enough.

I think I would maintain both... but then I've not written any gnome
apps yet. Which leads me to the reason I was prompted to reply :-)

Can you provide some details about the process of converting from to
gtk to gnome? I will probably have a go at doing the same thing soon.

Glenn Trigg