Typed text in menus! Bug/feature?

Hi all

While trying to implement nice keyboard-navigable menus, I noticed that if
a key is pressed while a popup menu is visible, that key gets shown in the
menu item on the right hand side. If the menu item already contains
accelerator text, that text is replaced by this.

This is with both 1.0.x and the latest 1.1.3 versions. See e.g. the
'menus' example in testgtk.

Is there any way to turn this off? Fwiw, I consider it a bug, not a
feature ;-)

Conrad

| Conrad Steenberg                        |
| Caltech, Mail Code 220-47               |
| Pasadena, CA, 91125                     |
| e-mail: conrad@srl.caltech.edu          |
| Tel: (626) 395-2964 Fax: (626) 449-8676 |