Re: [gtk-list] To GTK, or not to GTK - that is the question

Speaking only for myself, I have two answers:

(1) after my students completed one fairly large project using Motif,
I never wanted to see the thing again.  While it was generally
satisfactory, we would occasionally run into bizarre situations where
it would fail to do obvious things we needed (like define a pixmap in
UIL.  Had to define a widget, take its pixmap, delete the widget).

(2) We work in C++.  Gtk-- maps much better to our code than Motif.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002