Re: [gtk-list] Trouble using gtk_check_menu_item_set_state()

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Kemal 'Disq' Hadimli wrote:

> Hello.
>
> When I enable the code below, the program crashes with errors below. There
> is not even a warning when this code is disabled.
>
> item_factory_1 is shown. and when i gtk_widget_realise(item_factory_1)
> after gtk_widget_show and before the code below, the warnings/errors are
> different. weird.

first, an item factory is a GtkObject a not a widget, so you can't
realize or show it.
apart from that, you should actually never need to realize a widget (apart
from the Text widget in older gtk versions), this will be done automatically
when the toplevel is shown.

> I am using gtk+ 1.1.3 with glib 1.1.4.
> libc 5.4.44, egcs 2.90.29 (1.0.3 release)

[...]

the reason you didn't get an immediate warning when showing or realizing
the item factory is due to a bunch of missing warnings in gtkwidget.c. this
should be fixed in cvs by now.

> bye,
>  disqk

---