Re: [gtk-list] Re: problems with gtk_entry_get_text

On Sun, 31 May 1998, Tim Janik wrote:

> > readable by the server. The server wants 'CHAT TALK: <message>' so if the
> > user types 'asdf' the server is sent 'CHAT TALK: <username>,asdf'
>
> which is done through a string conversion?
> where is that performed? in sendPacket()?

> does sendPacket() care about not modifiing the string
> that it got passed as argument?.

> could you try that out please?

Your example segfaulted on me and it really shouldn't have but that
narrowed down the problem enough for me along with your questions that
helped me find my bug. Yes, sendPacket() did modify the string passed to
it internally which was a very simple fix.

I am understanding better now how gtk deals with its innerworkings.

Thank you very much.

Travis Loyd
[email: lelandg@usa.net							]
[  pgp: send email with subject: sendmepgp				]