[gtk-list] Announce: gpppkill 0.8.9

On Sat, May 30, 1998 at 12:36:33AM +0000, Oliver Schulze wrote:

> gpppkill is a program for Linux that finishes the ppp connection if it
> not receive a minimal amount of bytes during certain time.
> It also have a bar plot of the amount of bytes received per second.

If you are doing something like that, why not make it both console and GUI
based? The real meat of the application is, unless you are going to make it
really outstanding, a few lines of C code. Allowing console access to those
bytes would be fairly useful.

(Myself, I'm using a very simple bash script to achieve the task of
detecting inactivity and terminating a dial-up session).

> The main purpose of the program is to kill pppd if there is no activity.

I'd consider both pppd and whatever other means of dial-up connection people
are using. I am alternating between PPP and SLIP...

[This is somewhat off-topic. Unless the discussion becomes more gtk+, or
GUI, oriented, I assume you'd want to reply privately].

                                                   Nimrod