Re: [gtk-list] GTK API Fixed ? (was Re: Gtk Question)

On 29 May 1998, Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> "Shawn T. Amundson" <amundson@gimp.org> writes:
>
> > The API for GTK 1.0.x series is fixed, so I'll assume you mean for
> > GTK 1.1+. ;-)
>
> Not quite. These were added between 1.0.0 and 1.0.2 :

Well, in the context of the changes we where discussing the modifications
would have changed the API entirely (not just adding or mending), and
changed core functions every application uses.  The intent overall is
to keep the API as fixed as possible within the series.

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking