Q: positioning file selection widget

It appears the file selection widget may not be responding to window positioning
requests.  I've tried both
gtk_window_position (GTK_WINDOW (widget->window), GTK_WIN_POS_MOUSE) and
gtk_widget_set_uposition(widget, xpos, ypos).

where widget is the fs widget returned from gtk_file_selection_new().  I'm
using GTK 1.0.2.

I looked at the fs code and noticed that there is a main_vbox saved in the
fs widget data struct.  Most of my other windows use a generic positioning
routine that walks up the widget tree to find the shell widget (that widget
managed by the Window Manger) and position that.  However, this didn't seem
to work with either the main_vbox or fs widget (returned from gtk_f_s_new())
for some reason.

Is there a standard way to position the fs widget on the display?
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           | The real measure of a day's heat is the length