Re: [gtk-list] Re: Xde drag'n'drop for XEmacs

Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> writes:

> On 26 May 1998, Oliver Graf wrote:
>
> > No answers yet? Does nobody know? A simple 'use the source luke' is enough
> > (well, I think it will move Xde to the last position of my list, behind Xdnd
> > and Motif...).
>
> I had the protocol spec _somewhere_...
>
> I wouldn't rush to put it into Xemacs though, since it might change in the
> future (i.e. we might just use Motif). I'll try to start figuring the
> details out after LinuxExpo.

The Xdnd developer told me that gtk+ will soon use Xdnd also. If this is no
rumour, it should solve all my problems: I simply implement Xdnd...

One thing: Don't use Motif! This protocol sucks. I had to do some work on the
CDE code of XEmacs, and CDE is based on the Motif code. And cause CDE sucks,
Motif must suck also. [sorry for those sucks]

Regards,
  Oliver.