Re: [gtk-list] why are signals strings instead of integer constants?

On Wed, 27 May 1998 nuke@bayside.net wrote:

> i saw this question posted a while back, but i don't think it was ever
> replied to. i've been wondering this myself :)

Because it's more flexible.

Internally, signals are represented as numbers to speed up signal
emissions and such, but stuff that humans can read (i.e. character
strings) is so much easier to deal with, and infinitely more flexible ;-)

-- Elliot
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
	...not yelling and screaming like the people in the back of the
	   plane he was flying.