Re: [gtk-list] Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: Proposed widget

> But the most important reason for memory protection is maybe
> protecting multiple users on one system from each other.  Without
> memory protection, as soon as you can run programs on an unprotected
> OS, you can do everything.  Reading/writing other peoples files,
> everything.  And in these days of `active web content', every general
> purpose computer is a multi-user system.

This is, to date, the only legitamate reason given, and it's an important
one to boot.  You present a point of view which I had not taken in the
past (that of active web content).  While it is (reasonably) easy for
commercial companies to ensure mostly-bug-free software, such cannot be
said of web applets written by a neophyte or cracker.

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net