Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkTree question

> >  hello all,
> Hi,
>

> >    sorry if my question is too dumb, but i really can't find a way to make a
> >  tree collapse or expand before it's shown... i'm using
> >  gtk_tree_item_collapse() or gtk_tree_item_expand() but none of these work
> >  (for me). could someone please tell me an order or idea how to accomplish
> >  that?
> I'm using gtk_tree_item_expand with tree item and there is no problem.
>
> [...]
>     subtree = gtk_tree_new();
>     gtk_tree_item_set_subtree(GTK_TREE_ITEM(tree_item), subtree);
>     gtk_tree_item_expand(tree_item);
>     for (i=0; i<3; i++) {
> 	sprintf(buffer, "Sub Item %d", i);
> [...]
> That's work for me.
> You don't need to use gtk_tree_item_collapse because it's the default
> status for a tree item.

   thank u! i've got it working now - that's really great. my mistake was
 that i expanded the tree_item before attaching a subtree to it.
   but there's a problem - it works only with gtk_tree_item_expand(). when
 i change it to gtk_tree_item_collapse() i get 'pluses' in the little
 boxes, but the tree is viewed as expanded. when i click the plus to
 expand/collapse a subtree (i click on that subtree for the 1st time), the
 plus changes to minus => the subtree was collapsed but was drawn as
 expanded - this happens with all the subtrees. is it a bug or am i doing
 something silly again?

    thank u for any help with this,

		    fuf

> >    also, it was a quite a pain to set up the tree as the only help in
> >  testgtk source uses recursive function to build it which is rather hard
> >  to decode and in my opinion a bit unusable for learning. GTK is really
> >  missing docs :( all GTK programmers could stop writing their programs and
> >  write docs for GTK as it'd be much easier for programmers to use it :)
> I have a doc for gtktree and gtktreeitem. I've made it with the help of
> Regis Duchesne <regis@via.ecp.fr>.
> Follow a patch for gtk.texi to include gtktree, gtktreeitem documentation.
> Comments welcome.

 thanks for the documentation a lot.