Re: undefined symbol: g_strdelimit

"Kevin Myer" <kevin_myer@elanco.k12.pa.us> writes:

> I'm having trouble running two programs that require gtk,  gimp and
> karpski.  I have the latest versions of both programs and I have compiled and
> installed gtk+-1.02 twice now and the problem persists.
>
> The error message I get is:
>
> karpski: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/local/lib/libgtk.so.1: undefined symbol: g_strdelimit
>
> At first, I thought the problem was a result of multiple copies of gtk
> that were installed but that currently is the only one.  I'm running Redhat
> 5.0 and would really like to get apps that use gtk to work!  Any ideas?

Apparently you have an old copy of libglib that is being used instead
of the correct one. Look for /usr/lib/libglib.so.* (and check for
libgdk.so.* at the same time just to make sure)

> Also,  I'm not sure is glibconfig.h is supposed to be installed by
> default in /usr/local/include but it was not and karpski was complaining that it
> couldn't find it.  I ended up manually copying glibconfig.h from my gtk
> src directory to /usr/local/include and was able to successfully compile.

Ask the karpski maintainers why they aren't using gtk-config.
(docs/gtk-config.txt).

(Or to avoid the issue, run configure as:

 CPPFLAGS=`gtk-config --cflags` ./configure)

Regards,
                                        Owen