Re: plusocket

George Zervas <gz4@doc.ic.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed that the plugsocket code works well for fvwm but not for
> windowmaker. Plusocket-0.1 under windowmaker needs the target window to
> be stolen twice before it appears inside the container. The folowing
> versions (.2,.3) just move the target window a bit and do nothing else.
> Is there any fix for that?

As far as I can tell, it is a windowmaker bug/misfeature. Windowmaker
apparently selects for ReparentNotify events on its clientwindows
and snatches them back when they are reparentd. I can't really see how
PlugSocket can get around this.

Perhaps you should ask on the windowmaker mailing list?

> On a different note, how can I capture key press events over a drawing
> area. I tried using:

[...]

> but the events do not seem to happen when keys are pressed. Am I missing
> something?

As others have pointed out, you need gtk_widget_set_events().

Regards,
                                        Owen