Re: [gtk-list] small fix in gtksignal.c

On Wed, 20 May 1998, TANAKA Shinya wrote:

> Hello.
> I noticed small thing in gtk_signall_connect_full.
> Is this right?
> and/or reported?

it is not a bug.
the no_marshal flag of gtk_signal_connect_by_type() indicates wether
the default marshalling mechanism should be used or not.
so if you do not want your signal function to be executed through the
usual marshalling mechanism, you provide the `marshal' argument to
gtk_signal_connect_full() and leave the `func' argument alone.
thus `no_marshal' needs to be set to TRUE in the undelying call to
gtk_signal_connect_by_type().

> # The last arg of gtk_signal_connect_by_type is *no*_marshal.

but maybe you are right in that the flag's name is somewhat dubious.

> TANAKA Shinya
> tanaka@garlic.q.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp

---
ciaoTJ