Re: [gtk-list] Re: Compiling GTK

//Thanks,
//
//Installing glibc-2.0.7 did it as soon as I also realized that I still
//had to add the -lX11 onto the compile command. Now, can anyone explain to
//me why I would need to do this. How is the X11 library normally linked in?

I imagine (without being able to check things) that your X library was compiled
against glibc, while you were trying to link against libc5, or the reverse.

Owen: Perhaps this is why configure doesn't find libX11, because it tries to
link with the 'wrong' c library?

//Tony

Regards,

Johannes.
--
bibliovorous aj [MF, fr. L, fr.  bibliovorus, fr. Gk biblion book + -vorus
-vorous] 1: feeding on books and related materials 2: avidly taking in books

Bibliovorous chocophiliac.