RE: [gtk-list] Re: Moving tree items

Jerome Bolliet wrote:
> Alistair Cunningham wrote:

>> I have a tree item in a tree, and wish at run time to move
>> this item to another place in the same tree. Can this be
>> done without destroying the item?

> At the moment, it's not possible.

>> Any ideas?

> Yes... I need to modify the widget to authorize this.
> I've some modifications to do. Another one.
> I hope that will be fixe quickly.

Can a similar change also be made for a GtkList as well?  I recently had to
implement moving things up and down a list by  allocating a new GtkListItem,
copying the old one and remove it from the list, inserting the new one
above/below where the old one was and then deleting the old one.  Pretty
tedious.

Off the top of my head, perhaps a "move" function for a GList and then some
way to re-draw the widget that contains the GList by having it re-evaluate
that list.  Being a newbie to gtk, it occurs to me that this would be useful
and inherited by all widgets containing GList's. (if something like this
would even work :-)

-ger

     Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears...

 EMAIL: 	G.Lachac@dialogic.com
 USMAIL: 	Dialogic Corp.  1515 Route 10 Parsippany,NJ
 PHONE:  	(973)993-3000 ext 6193
 WEB: 		http://www.dialogic.com