Problem with Perl-GTK

Hi. I'm new to the list.

I'm trying to get the GTK module for Perl compiled.

I followed the instructions, and the RTFMing doesn't seem to help,
unfortunately...

Here is my problem:

When I attempt to compile the module (after a perl Makefile.PL, of
course), I get this error...

Gtk.c:10546: invalid format `#line' directive
make: *** [Gtk.o] Error 1

Line 10546 in the Gtk.c file looks like this:

#line  "Gtk.xs"

If I comment it out, everything proceeds fine until the next file...
I've tried commenting the files out each time, but got sick of it
after the 8th or so time, especially when I saw that there were a lot
more left.

Definately *not* fun.

It seems like the problem is in the generation of the .c files from
the .xs files, but I could be wrong.. <grin>

Anyway, here's some system stats:
Cyrix 6x86 P166+ 64M Ram
Red Hat Linux 4.2 (on this box, for now...)
Perl 5.004_03
Gtk 1.0.1
Gimp 0.99.29 (not that it really matters, afaik, but hey...<g>)

So, any possibly solutions? Has this happened before? I searched
through the archives of the mailing list and saw nothing similar.

Your help is MUCH appreciated (thanks!),
Garrett