Re: [gtk-list] Re: Simple(?) pixmap problem (fwd)

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> I've tried this but it doesn't work quite right.   First, with the NULL
> parameter the pixmap is not shaped, its square (as expected).  If you specify
> a mask for the pixmap things are ok, unless the first pixmap was not the same
> shape as the second pixmap!  In that case the second pixmap overlaps the
> first one - ie the first one leaves residual pixels around when the new
> pixmap is applied.
>
> Is this expected?  Or have I missed another step necessary to clear out the
> first pixmap?
> --
> Michael J. Hammel           | Politicians are the same all over: they promise

I haven't noticed this with my program, but that's probably because
pixmaps 1 & 2 in my case differ only in the fact that the latter has a big
red X over top of it (same size, no transparency).

---
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear
 to man as it is, infinite."  -- William Blake

Todd Pafford   galen@erols.com