Re: [gtk-list] Re: GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK?

Nimrod Zimerman wrote:
//On Tue, May 12, 1998 at 12:08:35PM +0200, Johannes Keukelaar wrote:
//
//> The short question: I want to use GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK, but I don't
//> know how.

<excellent answer deleted>

However, the answer did not solve my problem. I never got _any_ MOTION events,
not even the first one.

//> My apologies if this is somewhere in the tutorial, but I didn't see it.
//> (But perhaps it would be useful to have this explanation somewhere?
//> Seeing as how the list archives don't seem to have any search
//> functionality.)
//
//I think it is covered somewhere in the drawing program example.

Ah. Yes, it is. And, with the help of the irreplacable tutorial, I've come to
see the error of my ways. Or some such. It turns out that you have to set_event
_both_ GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK _and_ GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK. I used only
HINT.:)

//Hope this helped.
//
//                                                   Nimrod

Thanks for the answer,

Johannes.
--
"Thank God I'm still an atheist!" -- Salvador Dali

Visually inspecting visual programming languages.