Re: [gtk-list] Patch for gtk-1.0.1

James A <> writes:
>  There is a problem with gcc and the patch with doing things
> like... (which should be valid)
> gint    g_snprintf   (gchar *str, gulong n, const gchar const *fmt, ...);

	const gchar const *fmt

is the same as saying

	const const gchar *fmt

I don't think `const const' is accepted.  If you meant

	const gchar *const fmt

the second `const' is meaningless in a formal parameter, and is taken to
be `const gchar *fmt' anyway.
>  Which was originaly...
> gint    g_snprintf   (gchar *str, gulong n, gchar const *fmt, ...);
>  I only found out about this after I had uploaded the patch. So just
> change them to...
> gint    g_snprintf   (gchar *str, gulong n, const gchar *fmt, ...);

Yep. `gchar const *fmt' and `const gchar *fmt' mean the same thing.  It
is only a matter of style.

- Hari