Re: How safe is GTK?

Eivind Kvedalen writes:
>The PAM thing is really easy, I think. Just one function is needed to
>take care of the whole PAM-conversation. We may need to patch PAM or
>make a new PAM-module if we want a GTK-frontend for the real
>password-input, though. Check the lnx_pam.c/lnx_log.c or similar in the
>IMAP (ipopd and friends) source-code for a nice example of how to use PAM.

NO!  That's a broken-to-fit-the-pap-and-imap specs conversation
function.

You definitely do not need a new PAM module.

You need more than one function; you need pam initialized in one
place, and you have to provide to pam a pointer to a conversation
function.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/