GtkCList question

Hi folks.  I'm pretty new to GTK (never written anything significant with
a GUI toolkit at all, actually), so I'm hoping this isn't too foolish of
a question...

I have a clist with two columns.  Initially it's initialized with some
values, first column with a login-id, the second with something like a
SSN.  Later, while the program is running, other entries may be added to the
list.  I'd like them to all be inserted in alphabetical order, both initially
and later.  I've found the GList *row_list inside of the clist struct, and
thought about using g_list_insert_sorted(), but I'm not sure that's the
right thing to do.

If I do use g_list_insert_sorted(), will changes I make that way be
realized in the display?

Will my columns be dealt with correctly when passed into the ...sorted()
function as a 2d array?

Thanks,
Blaise