BadMatch at SGI

    Hi

    I have encountered some problems on SGI machines with GtkPreview.
When I create a window with GTK it has the DEFAULT visual whis is
PseudoColor, but GtkPreview uses the TrueColor visual. So I have
found that I have to call:

    gtk_widget_push_visual( gtk_preview_get_visual() );
    gtk_widget_push_colormap( gtk_preview_get_cmap() );

before creating a window into which I want to put the preview. OK.
But there could be some way to tell the program what visual it should
use for all windows on the startup. Calling the above function does
cause seg. fault.
    I have solved my problem but my friend is using the gtkGL widget
and get the same BadMatch error. The above functions do not help in
this case. any help?

                                            Hynek