Re: [gtk-list] Re: Borderless Widgets

If what you wanted was borderless buttons, I've written a first draft of
such a thing.  They act similarly to the netscape toolbar buttons.  They
gain a shadow when the mouse enters them.  They also have a rectangle
border if they're the default selection (i.e. if hitting return will
activate them.)  I thought that this should be the case.
  Chris

On Fri, 8 May 1998, KC5TJA wrote:

> On Fri, 8 May 1998, Daniel Egger wrote:
> >
> No, because I can make a backdrop window WITH borders (they look all funny
> too, but that's another story).  The two modes are orthogonal to each
> other.  I'm talking about creating GTK widgets which truely have no
> borders or other embellishments to them (like an Amiga boolean gadget,
> with all of its image and IntuiText pointers set to NULL).
>
> It'd be easier if I just use a gtk_drawing_area for my purposes, though.
> While slightly more difficult to program, it actaully gives me a bit more
> freedom.

This is the README for the .h file for the creation of borderless buttons.

GtkButtonStyle is an enum with two possible values: GTK_BUTTON_NORMAL, and
GTK_BUTTON_BORDERLESS.  gtk_button_set_style takes a button and one of these
twon values and sets the style of the given button.

This is a pretty simple change.  More ideas are certainly welcome.

Christopher James Lahey <clahey@umich.edu>
This patch generated against CVS head as of about 1:15 AM Sat May 9.
This is the README for the .c file for the creation of borderless buttons.

GtkButtonStyle is an enum with two possible values: GTK_BUTTON_NORMAL, and
GTK_BUTTON_BORDERLESS.  gtk_button_set_style takes a button and one of these
twon values and sets the style of the given button.

This is a pretty simple change.  More ideas are certainly welcome.

Christopher James Lahey <clahey@umich.edu>
This patch generated against CVS head as of about 1:15 AM Sat May 9.

gtk-clahey-980509-1.patch.gz

gtk-clahey-980509-0.patch.gz