Re: [gtk-list] Re: Borderless Widgets

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Daniel Egger wrote:

> On Thu, 07 May 1998, KC5TJA wrote:
>
> >One of the nicest features I liked about AmigaOS is that you could make
> >gadgets and windows borderless.  Is there a way to do this in GTK as well?
>
>  You think of backdropwindows which allow you to place your gadgets directly on
>  the screen?

No, because I can make a backdrop window WITH borders (they look all funny
too, but that's another story).  The two modes are orthogonal to each
other.  I'm talking about creating GTK widgets which truely have no
borders or other embellishments to them (like an Amiga boolean gadget,
with all of its image and IntuiText pointers set to NULL).

It'd be easier if I just use a gtk_drawing_area for my purposes, though.
While slightly more difficult to program, it actaully gives me a bit more
freedom.

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net