GTK internationalization, right-to-left languages

Hello.

I am pretty interested in knowing whether gtk+ was designed with
internationalization in mind - especially as far as right-to-left languages
(such as Arabic or Hebrew) are involved.

I feel that this issue is very important, primarily because as far as I know
there are no solutions for right-to-left languages under X which are freely
available.

I couldn't find referenced to this question in the FAQ or in the mailing
list archives (which, by the way, are updated to mid-April).

                                                   Nimrod