GC - how ?

Hi all!

I was just playing around with an idea I had about a small board game, but
I quickly ran into problems. I figured that using a preview to display the
board would be... well, tiresome, so I did some snooping around for info
about GC's. To no avail... So, if anyone could point me in the right
direction, I'd be eternally (well, almost) grateful! A tiny program that
smacks a pixmap (or preferably, raw image data) onto a "canvas" would be
great!

Thanks,
Vidar