Re: [gtk-list] News Client

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Michael Oswell wrote:

> Hi.. I was wondering if anyone was working on a news client under GTK..
> I've found lately that I'm not really happy with any of the news readers
> that I've tried out, so am looking at building one.
>
> Just wanted to make sure no one else was doing it, and if they were, if
> they would perhaps like help instead of me trecking off into the great
> unknown alone....

For the last few weeks I have been working on and off on an offline news
reader, mainly for the learning process. I was considering using gtk+ in
the far flung future, and am still only using ncurses. As for progress,
you'd be hard pushed to tell it was a news client, let alone a working
program at all. I honestly can't say if I'm ready to work with other
people on a project (cause I'm probably the tattiest coder around, and
take about 30 mins to write one line of code, which then doesn't work :),
but I'd be happy to at least discuss a possible program.

Cheers
	Dave

PS My take on the programs name is (pretensiously enough) "gnews" *hack,
spit, HUARF!*