RE: [gtk-list] News Client

On 04-May-98 Michael Oswell wrote:
> Hi.. I was wondering if anyone was working on a news client under GTK..
> I've found lately that I'm not really happy with any of the news readers
> that I've tried out, so am looking at building one.
>
> Just wanted to make sure no one else was doing it, and if they were, if
> they would perhaps like help instead of me trecking off into the great
> unknown alone....

I started putting some classes together to connect to an nntp server,
download group lists etc but I haven't gotten much further than that...

By all means, go ahead, I'd really like to have something for X as neat
as FFNews 2 (for Amiga, don't have a URL handy).

C-YA
Jon

http://www.dookie.demon.co.uk