Re: [gtk-list] Re: Announce : new irc client

In answer: I'm writing a database and organiser application for GTK at the
moment, in a mythical man week. Supports just about everything I can think
of and is Unix style design, so no gimmicks and no boxes saying 'mesage'
[OK]. Server-client stylie. Maybe it'll be good enough to release it if I
ever get all the free() calls put in.

When I've finished this, I intend to get into GtkGL and write another big
server-client project. But I need to learn a lot of GTK first, grok the
source.

I would need to grok the entire kernel sound source etc etc, and ATM I
have enough trouble writing wrappers to get my sound card to work. So the
basic answer is I intend to, but not until I'm reduced to working days and
sleeping the occasional night. Otherwise I would love to help. It's all
just time.

As far as window managers goes:
xview has olvwm
QT has KDE
GTK has whatever, Gnome, isn't it?
AW has one, I can't remember.
Motif is MWM, 4DWM, etc.

It just seems that as soon as anyone writes a toolkit, someone else writes
a matching window manager. Just an observation.

--
S.
GM/CS/MU -d+ H+>++ s+: !g p2 au0 !a w+++ v-(---) C++++$ UL++++$ UB+