Re: [gtk-list] Re: News Client

> I'm fairly certain that balsa supports nntp, haven't actually finished
> compiling it yet so can't say how well it handles it though... Might want
> to check it out and just work on improving how it works instead of
> starting a new news specific program

I would really like to see a decent gtk newsreader, and it has always been
my experience that any mail reader that tries to "also" be a news reader
generally sucks (wrt the newsreader part).  I try to stay away from "do
everything" programs, because it always seems certain aspects get much greater
attention than others, and that those others were just tacked on either to
gain a wider audience, or because it was easy to add basic functionality.
Anyway, for anyone thinking about chucking up a gtk newsreader, more power to
you.:)  I wish there was as much zest for a news reader as for all these
damn IRC clients floating around. ;)

-Brian