Signal callback data

Signal callbacks.

I was getting along just fine with my GTK until I came across some weird
signal_connect() calls. So far I've been building structs, putting all my
data into that struct, and calling a function with  a pointer to that
struct, from which it can get all the data it needs.

Now I'm trying to use a list, and I just can't find the function which
will tell me which element in the list was selected. So I look through the
code I used for a clist, and I find a select _row event, but the callback
function has all sorts of extra arguments on it which I don't have on any
of the functions I have othersise vreated for my own callbakcs.

My question is, how do you work with ordinary lists, and where are these
extra options documented, if at all, how do I know what's getting called
with what? It looks as if a connect rather than a connect_object has all
sorts of useful potential. But I can't find any words to go with it, or
where in the source this all is.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--
S.
GM/CS/MU -d+ H+>++ s+: !g p2 au0 !a w+++ v-(---) C++++$ UL++++$ UB+