Crashing X

I better admit I'm a lame programmer before I start this, cos you'll only
realise it after 5 lines.

I made a GTK application that looped. Now I had set up a kill event in a
xterm just incase of that, but with a menu open, the mouse focus can't
move to it. So I changed to a text terminal, sent the GTK program an
ordinary kill signal, and it totally munged the X server, the whole of X
exited down the drain. I've done this twice now, much to my annoyance. As
soon as I switch back to the X vt, it goes down.

Is this a bug in the GTK+ signal handlers trapping everything and doing
fancy things with it?

And in future I suppose I have to incude a 'node=node->next' when I'm
iterating lists.

Cheers etc.

--
S.
GM/CS/MU -d+ H+>++ s+: !g p2 au0 !a w+++ v-(---) C++++$ UL++++$ UB+