Re: Problems with gtk---0.9.1

On 03-May-98 Justin wrote:

>Ok I'm in the  gtk---0.9.1/examples/
>
>and I type:
>
>g++ `gtk-config --cflags` -o testme1 testme1.cc -lgtkmm `gtk-config --libs`
>
>just like it says to in the FAQ.  testme1 compiles and works  fine BUT
>whenmpiling I get a long icky slew of warnings.  Oddly enough I don't get this
>slue of warnings when I just type make and use the included makefile there in
>the directory.  What gives?  Is there some sort of warning I should turn off?
>

>Here are the error messages for your edification :
>

>/usr/local/include/gtk--sigcpp.h: In function `class Connection
connect_to_funct
>ion(class Signal0 &, void (*)())':
>In file included from /usr/local/include/gtk--sigproxy.h:38,
>                 from /usr/local/include/gtk--sig.h:149,
>                 from /usr/local/include/gtk--.h:92,
>                 from testme1.cc:2:
>/usr/local/include/gtk--sigcpp.h:214: warning: initialization of non-const
refer
>ence `class Connection &' from rvalue `Connection'
>/usr/local/include/gtk--sigcommon.h:92: warning: in passing argument 1 of
`Conne
>ction::Connection(Connection &)'

Yeah, I get that too, whenever I usse a Connection object like

Connection c;
c=connect_to_method(...);
c.disconnect();

it seems there is something with the way the operator= is defined for the
Connection object, it doesn't like to be assigned in that way...

But at least, it works...

Happy coding,

Oliver

E-Mail: Oliver Freyd <freyd@uni-muenster.de>