Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk+ on AIX

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Brian Stempel wrote:

> ./configure --target="rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.5" (though you don't really need
>                                             the .1.5 part)
> unfortunate enough to be stuck working on an AIX box who's not real
> familiar with gtk+.

	There is nothing wrong with AIX, it just has a few quirks in its
shared library setup.  In fact, we have a shared build of gtk+0.99.9 that
works great.  You just have to play a little.
	I wish I could be more definitive, but I am not the build expert
in my group :)  I am just defending AIX a little :)

Joel

--

"I have come up with a sure-fire concept for a hit television show,
which would be called `A Live Celebrity Gets Eaten by a Shark'."

                    jbecker@ocala.cs.miami.edu
                    gr311@cleveland.freenet.cwru.edu
                    http://www.cs.miami.edu/~jlbec/