Re: [gtk-list] Re: Installation Phun

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Tony Gale wrote:

> Make sure you don't have any previous versions of GTK lying around.

Ah! Is this a problem?

I run Red Hat 5.0 (as I suspect do many others on this list). There are
programs in the standard RH5.0 distribution (such as control-panel) that
depend on an early version of gtk+. I presume these will break if I
overwrite this early version with the latest.

I would like to have the latest gtk+ installed, to support the latest gimp
and for development. So what are people doing about this?

Thanks,

   Tony

Antony Bowers, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol, UK.
http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~bowers/