Button clickable with all 3 mouse buttons? How?

Hello friends!

While coding on my  graphics program, I've seen that programs like xfig
use some buttons with different actions when you press with moue button
1,2 or 3. In GTK you can only use Button 1, the other buttons don't react.

I don't know if this  limitation is too good,
one could just omit it, so all 3 buttons would  be sensitive.
Or I'd have  to catch the button_pressed_event and button_released_event and
change the button number on the fly or something,
I'm not really sure ...

BTW, I'm using gtk--, so I could inherit a normal Gtk_Button and catch the
signal before the Button gets them...

Any ideas...

Bye bye,
      Oliver