Building Imlib

OK, well I thought I'd play with gtk and gnome and so on. So I grabbed
the latest versions from the CVS archive and set about compiling.

GTK seemed to go OK but I fell at the next hurdle because I can't get
Imlib to configure

Running automake  --add-missing gives the following errors

utils/Makefile.am:80: variable `GTK_LIBS' not defined
utils/Makefile.am:80: variable `GTK_LIBS' not defined

and running autoconf leaves

AM_PATH_GTK(0.99.6,
   GDK_IMLIB="gdk_imlib utils",
   GDK_IMLIB=""
   echo "configure: warning: *** gdk_imlib will not be built ***" 1>&2)

in configure which, unsurprisingly, then fails when it gets to that
point because it issn't valid shell syntax.

Where are the definitions for AM_PATH_GTK and GTK_LIBS supposed to
come from?

--
Paul