Re: compile problems - gtk+-0.99.8 / FreeBSD 2.2.2 / gcc 2.7.2.1

David Holmes <delphys@Bunyip.Com> writes:

> compile problems -
>
> 	gtk+-0.99.8
> 	FreeBSD 2.2.2
> 	gcc 2.7.2.1
>
> Config with something like:
>
> 	configure --prefix=/usr/local/pkgs/gtk
>
> no problems...
>
> Compile runs to building of  testgtk  and then barfs with undef. symbols.
> I've tried various changes to the setup but nothing works so far.
>
> Any comments/help appreciated.

Try removing your old GTK libraries. Apparently, your linker cannot
link against uninstalled shared libraries by specifying the name
of the library file (e.g. ../gdk/.libs/libgtk.so), so libtool
sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH instead. But your linker is looking in the system
directories first and finding the old libraries.

Regards,
                                        Owen