File selection

Hello,

	Here's a question that undoubtedly has a simple answer.  I've
managed to (successfully?) compile and link gtk+-0.99.8 on a Sparc 5
running Solaris 2.4.  However, when running the testgtk executible
that comes in the distribution all the apps seem to work except the
"File Selection" app.  I get a menu but the "Directory" field has
multiple entries for ../ and when I change directories the new menu
doesn't find any files or directories in the newly selected dir.  It
also won't let me go down in the directory tree, only up.  Are there
some libraries I've missed in the link stage?  Any ideas?

					Thanks,
					   Richard Witt