Re: [gtk-list] Re: continue execution while updating a progress bar? (now thoughts on an Xinstall)

> > > How about forking make then opening a pipe to it so you could read
> > > it's progress while updating the scrollbar in your program?  I am
> > > not very familiar with forking and piping in C so correct me if I
> > > this is not possible.
> >
> > unforunately, neither am i. this is more complicated than what i'm trying
> > to get at.

look at ftp.5z.com /pub/unix .... and download the gsearchtool or
whatever the name is ... it uses forking well ... (it doesn't use the
idle function too well since it will eat CPU too much (at least it used
to with older gtk))

it forks and then reads the output of teh command from a pipe and
interprets the results ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!