Re: [gtk-list] Re: continue execution while updating a progress bar? (now thoughts on an Xinstall)

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 tile@primenet.com wrote:

> > > well, that's trivial. the hard part is having Make run while i'm updating
> > > the toolbar.
> >
> > i meant scrollbar. sorry.
> > if anyone knows, feel free to answer :)
>
> How about forking make then opening a pipe to it so you could read
> it's progress while updating the scrollbar in your program?  I am
> not very familiar with forking and piping in C so correct me if I
> this is not possible.

unforunately, neither am i. this is more complicated than what i'm trying
to get at.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |